Winter is coming which means it is soup season folks!
I'm not particularly looking forward to the long winter months but I love making soup. Its quick, easy and nutritious.
Here's one of my go-to recipes that will be on repeat this season.
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) butter
- 5 cups (1.25 L) chicken broth
- 3 cups (750 ml) carrots, peeled and sliced (about 7)
- 1 cup (250 ml) potatoes, peeled and cubed
- Salt and pepper
Carrot Soup Recipe
- In a saucepan, soften the onion in the butter over medium heat. Add the carrots, potatoes and broth. Bring to a boil.
- Cover and simmer gently for about 20 minutes or until the vegetables are tender. In a blender, purée the soup until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
- I like to swirl a little heavy cream in at the end but in a pinch a dollop of sour cream will do.
*If you are feeling a little adventurous add 2 tablespoons of fresh ginger