Data Entry and Inventory– Part time
This position will be a key part of the inventory management process and will also provide limited administrative support to the accounting department.
The role is all about the details, we believe design is in the details and you will be a key part of that. We are passionate about every item that comes into our store and it will be your job to make sure that each item that arrives on the floor is beautiful and in perfect condition.
The work schedule is expected to be about 10 - 15 hours a week with increased hours October through December during regular business hours. All work is to be performed on site.
Compensation is based on experience.
- Data entry of purchase order details into the inventory management system. The data entry will be manual as well as through electronic import
- Assistance with matching goods received against purchase orders and supplier invoices.
- Communication of discrepancies and trouble-shooting with retail staff and the accounting department.
- Coding of supplier invoices, and electronically submitting them
- Noting deficiencies in inventory received and communicating with suppliers
- Filing of paper and electronic documents.
- Previous experience in a retail environment
- Excellent communication skills - we value strong communications on the Plum team
- Strong attention to details and highly organized
- Excellent time management
- Ability to work collaboratively to resolve issues
- Must be comfortable using technology and learning new software
- Experience using Hubdoc, Shopify and Stocky is an asset
- Ability to travel to the job location, as the duties must be performed on site
- Ability to lift and unpack boxes